Pages

Friday, February 16, 2018

HUGS Eclipse Card

Hi Everybody,

I made an Eclipse Card with one of the alcohol ink backgrounds made previously on yupo paper.  I made several and now am making card with them.  

For this background I used Tim Holtz Stream Alcohol Ink, Silver Mixative, BG01 Copic Refill and Blending Solution.  I dropped a few droplets of each one and the blending solution on the paper and blew around with a straw.  I added a few drops of color and/or blending solution until I got the look I wanted.  

To make the Eclipse Card, all I did was cut out the letters in the word HUGS and popped up with some foam squares to give it the dimension.  I also popped up the sentiment on a black strip embossed with white embossing powder.  








I originally put metallic silver cardstock under the alcohol ink layer and was going to leave the letters off because I lost the H lol.  I think either way looks great. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. 


Regina




2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

A great background and I love the way you did the HUGS that way. That is so cool looking! Some day I have to try that too!

Cheryl Robertson said...

Beautiful card! Love the background