Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Alcohol Ink Valentine Card

Hi Everybody,

I started playing with alcohol inks and yupo paper last week.  I've had the alcohol inks for a few years but no yupo paper which seems to be what people prefer these days.  A few years ago I used glossy cardstock and photo papers.  Times change lol!





I used a Copic Refill BG01, a Tim Holtz alcohol ink in Stream and the Silver Mixative for this background.  I added drops of each on a Ranger felt pad which velcros to the blending tool, a couple drop of Blending Solution and just went back and forth to create these horizontal stripes.  You can add more ink if you want it darker.  So Easy! 

I love this die from Simon Says Stamp called Stacked Hearts because you can also use the hearts that fall from die for the project like I did here or save for another one.  I cut this out with white cardstock and sponged with Memento Teal Zeal.  I wanted the color to be a little darker than the background.  I also sponged a few of the hearts that I inserted back into the die.

The Love die is from Lawn Fawn.  I cut it out three times using black cardstock and once with silver glitter paper, using the black as a shadow.  I embossed the sentiment on a strip of black cardstock with white embossing powder.  This sentiment is from the Hero Arts Stamp and Cut set.  

A few years ago, all of the Valentine cards I made were red, pink and white.  It's a lot of fun to make them non-traditional colors.  :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!



Regina