Pages

Thursday, September 21, 2017

The Right Shoes

Hi Everybody,

The project I'm showing today is a card shaped like a high heel shoe.  This isn't just any high heel shoe though.  This shoe represents strength, hope, and life. 

October is breast cancer awareness month and I thought that I would make a pink high heel shoe in honor of this.

This file is from The Cutting Cafe and HERE IS A LINK to the online shop.  HERE IS A LINK to this high heel shoe file.






It was actually really easy to make this card.  I cut out the folding card part first with pink cardstock from Close To My Heart.  Then I cut out the piece called Top With Bottom Edge out of the patterned paper.  The pink glitter paper is the piece called Top.

The sentiment is included in this set and is a printable stamp.  I printed it with my laser printer and foiled it in pink foil using Thermoweb Pink Melon Deco Foil. 

I added a breast cancer ribbon cut out of the pink glitter paper.  I used Gina K Designs cardstock in Black Onyx and Innocent Pink.  To finish it off, I used the Tonic Ticket Punch in the corners and embellished with sequins from The Ton and Craft Medley. 

I think this is a really cute and different card that can be decorated anyway you want.  You can put the sentiment on the inside or print like a place card style like I did. You can write a few words of encouragement inside whether you put the sentiment inside or not.

I hope this card will sit on a shelf or somewhere visible where the recipient will see it and not only think about what a strong person she is but also about the loving friend she has who gave her the card.  You can of course put her favorite chocolate, etc., with the card.  I'm quite sure she would not mind that at all.  :)

I hope I inspired you to make a project for someone for October breast cancer awareness.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina


4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this is beyond awesome...i love how you took a shoe to represent breast cancer awareness...you so rock and i am so happy your on the team...hugs

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a great shaped card design. Love how you decorated the shoe.

Patti J said...

Cute as can be, and I love that you used this for breast cancer! Great idea!!!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Favorite color..PINK..This is a gorgeous card, esp like you mentioned Breast Cancer Awareness..Lovely..Krista